Aloha Paddlers & Friends of Paddle Imua!
We know there are a lot of details to follow when planning to attend a race event, and we wanted to make sure you had easy access to everything you need to know.
The official hashtag for the event is #PaddleImua, and we’ll be posting LIVE from land, sea, and who knows where else!
1. WHAT TO BRING:
- A leash or whistle is mandatory for all paddlers.
- State Approved ID – Anyone wishing to consume alcohol will need to bring a state approved ID to Hawaiian Canoe Club before being allowed entry into the beer garden.
- Waiver: All participants must agree to the terms put forth in the race participant waiver and either electronically sign the waiver with each online registration or physically sign the liabilities waiver in person.
2. REGISTRATION & CHECK IN
Registration will open at 10:00am at Maliko Gulch and costs $70, with all proceeds supporting Camp Imua. If you’ve already registered early, check in begins at 10am at Maliko Gulch. CASH AND CHECK ONLINE FOR ALL REGISTRATIONS.
3. MANDATORY SAFETY BRIEFING & RACE BLESSING
This will happen at 12:15pm and must be attended by all paddlers. Mahalo to Handsome Bugga Productions for being our kings of safety!
4. LAUNCH & START
We’ll be doing a staggered start at 1:00pm.
6. LIVE RACE RESULTS
Pacific Sporting Events & Timing will be doing our race results, posting them live at their website.
7. FINISH LINE IS AT HAWAIIAN CANOE CLUB
Hawaiian Canoe Club in Kahului Harbor is our finish line host. We expect to see the first finishers arriving about an hour after start. There is a shuttle available for paddlers needing assistance! Call Maui North Shore Downwind Shuttle Service – Call 808 250 1984 and specify that you’re with Paddle Imua.
8. FINISH LINE PARTY & KEIKI FESTIVAL
1:00pm – Keiki Fun begins. Keiki activities provided by Da Bounce Party Rental
2:15pm – First racers expected across the line.
1:00-4:00pm – Lucky number draw
Okay, everyone! Let’s be safe, have fun, and do it for the kids!