Our Special Instructor, Stella Ong made play dough this weekend and we just had to share a how-to she found on pinterest. You can get creative with the colors and shapes. Stella opted for a Halloween orange! Happy Play-doh!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 TBS cream of tartar
- food coloring (optional)
- Blend flour, salt and cream of tartar into a pot. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the water and oil to the dry ingredients and stir over medium heat. Keep stirring until the dough begins to stick together. You’ll know your dough is ready when you push your thumb down into it and it feels smooth and elastic and doesn’t stick to your skin.
- Take the dough out of the pan and shape into a ball. (You may have to wait until it’s cool enough to touch.)
- If you’re coloring your dough, divide it into however many pieces of food coloring you have and add 5 or more drops of color per ball, depending on how dark you want the color. Knead your individual play dough balls until the color is well incorporated.
- Storage: Keep the play dough in a tightly sealed tupperware container (I use one for each color) and use again and again.
Lastly, Have a blast!